The Loaves & Fishes team has prepared an info sheet for those participating in the in-person walk or kids’ fun run on Sunday, May 1, 2022.
Key points for the two events
Spring Into Action 5K
- This is a rain or shine event (and the forecast is for shine!)
- Be sure to wear good fitting, broken-in footwear and bring some sunblock
- Plan on checking in between 10:00am and 2:00pm and to be done by 4:00pm (start earlier than 2pm if if will take you more than 2 hours to complete the walk)
- Park in Lot D, across the street from the entrance to Rogers Field
- Check in at the registration table when you arrive
- Start at the gazebo and follow the course signs
- The full course is 2 laps
- Check out at the registration table when you complete the course
- Water, basic first aid supplies and information about the event is available from course safety volunteers staged around the course and at the registration table – In the event of an emergency, call 911
- Because of a diverse range of participants it is probably best to leave dogs at home but if you do want to walk with your dog, it must be leashed, cleaned up after and well behaved or you may be asked to leave
- If you are participating virtually, please complete your 5K between now and Sunday evening
Children’s Fun Run
- The fun run will take place in Rogers Field
- The fun run begins at 1pm, please have children there by 12:45pm
- The fun run is 1/4 mile and is for kids ages 12 and under
- The fun run is free and does not require online registration
- Parents will need to sign a libability release for their children participating in the fun run
- There are goodie bags for participants and a prize for the winner!
- The 5K and the fun run take place in and around Rogers Field in Devens.
Participants must comply with the Devens DPW Rules and Regulations.